Saturday, February 1, 2014

Cutlass and Compass

Back after a busy development cycle to clear off the dust on this blog. I'm currently working on Cutlass and Compass, a strategy survival game about pirates and island hopping. You can find out all about it on my sister site www.dicewrench.com. It's my first solo-coding project using Unity3D, so I decided it had to be a fairly ambitious project to stretch my brain to the limit. You can check out my youtube channel for latest updates here.



Currently, I've got a large number of systems built as well as the underlying framework for HUGE levels. Finished systems so far include:

Level Generator for reusing chunks
AI Task Managers so the pirates get tasks
Various Managers for updating tiles, harvesting tasks, animated assets.
Inventories, chests, drag and drop features
Saving!

I'm really quite excited to get into the nitty-gritty of gameplay. First on deck, ships and sailing! Time to build a ship controller and AI.

No comments:

Post a Comment